Music

Suge Knight's Son Says 2Pac Murder Trial 'Brings Back a Lot of Trauma'

"It changed a lot of families' lives, and we all had things we had to overcome because of it."

(L-R) Suge Knight Jr. and 2Pac.
Instagram/Suge Knight Jr. | Gene Shaw/Getty Images

Key Takeaways

  • Suge J. Knight said the 2Pac murder trial may entertain some people, but it "brings back a lot of trauma" for the families who lived through it.
  • The son of incarcerated Death Row Records co-founder Suge Knight prayed for "justice for everyone involved," without directly naming defendant Duane "Keffe D" Davis.
  • His father, who was in the car when Tupac Shakur was shot, recently said he wants no role in the trial and told both sides to "leave me out of it."

Suge J. Knight wants to remind fans that the 2Pac murder trial is more than just entertainment — it's real life.

The son of incarcerated Death Row Records co-founder Suge Knight, who was in the car carrying Tupac Shakur the night the legendary rapper was shot — took to Instagram on Thursday (August 20) with a message.

"I know the Tupac trial may be entertaining to some, but for the people who actually lived through it, it brings back a lot of trauma," he wrote over a black background in an image shared to his grid. "It changed a lot of families' lives, and we all had things we had to overcome because of it."

Although he didn't mention Duane "Keffe D" Davis, the man on trial for the murder of 2Pac, Suge's son concluded his post: "I just pray for justice for everyone involved. God bless. Keep going."

It's unclear exactly whether or not Suge J. Knight's message about the trial bringing up "a lot of trauma" was related to something he's been experiencing. However, in the post's caption, he expressed that the "journey" — and perhaps the stress that he and his family experienced following 2Pac's murder — made him "a real one."

Earlier this month, Suge Knight expressed that he has no interest in taking part in the 2Pac murder trial. As he sees it, the trial has "nothing to do with [him]."

"They make me come there against my will, if Keffe D's lawyers bring me there, it don't look good for him," he said in a recent interview with ABC News. "If the prosecution brings me there, it don't look good for them. Leave me out of it."

Knight went on to compare hypothetically taking the stand against Davis to shooting someone in the head, arguing that the former is worse because it would be akin to dying "a million times."

Related Stories

Death Row Records co-founder, Marion "Suge" Knight, appears at a pretrial court hearing on May 15, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. - Knight is charged with several crimes, including attempted murder and hit-and-run for allegedly ramming his pickup truck into two men, killing one of them, after a dispute on the set of the movie "Straight Outta Compton."

STONE MOUNTAIN, GA - SEPTEMBER 09: Afeni Shakur-Davis, mother of the late Tupac Shakur, gives a speech in the Peace Garden on September 9, 2006 in Stone Mountain, Georgia.
Music

Suge Knight Claims Afeni Shakur Arranged for 2Pac's Ashes to Be Smoked

The Death Row Records co-founder claimed he paid $1.2 million for the late rapper to be cremated after his September 1996 murder.

Rapper Tupac Shakur performs at the Regal Theater in Chicago, Illinois in March 1994.
Music

2Pac Repeated 'We’ll Take Care of It' to Cop in Ambulance When Asked Who Shot Him, Officer Testifies

A retired police officer who rode in the ambulance with the late rapper testified he heard some of 2Pac's final words.

Joe Price2 days ago
Keffe D with a gray beard and wearing a dark blue prison uniform sits in a courtroom.
Music

The Tupac Murder Trial: Everything to Know About Keffe D's Case

Nearly 30 years after Tupac Shakur was gunned down on the Las Vegas Strip, Duane Keith Davis—the only person ever charged in the killing—is finally standing trial.

Stay ahead on Exclusives

Download the Complex App